Mining Archives/Data Preservation
MBMG Archives Location:
Natural Resources Building, Room 217
Montana Tech of The University of Montana
1301 West Park Street
Butte MT 59701
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closed weekends and holidays.
- Photocopies and Reproductions
All photocopying is performed by Archives staff. Please note that reproduction requests may be denied for items considered too fragile to copy with causing damage to the original. Digital cameras may be used to take pictures of most materials for personal use, study, reference or classroom use.
- Photocopying Charges
Black and white copies: $0.10 per page (up to 8 ½” x 17” page)
Color copies: $0.20 per page (up to 8 ½” x 17” page)
Maps, drawings and documents larger than 8 ½” x 17” in size: $15.00/page
- Shipping and Handling Fees:
Order Amount Shipping $ 0 - 5.00
$ 5.01 - 10.00
$ 10.01 - 20.00
$ 20.01 - 30.00
$ 30.01 - 50.00
$ 50.01 - 70.00
$ 70.01 - 90.00
$ 90.01 - 120.00
All documents held by the MBMG Mining Archives have been donated and therefore the information an individual might derive from any document is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, or complete.
Specifically MBMG does not warrantee:
- The accuracy of the mining-related information within the Mining Archives.
- The reliability of findings based upon data from the maps and/or mining-related information.
- The reliability of findings from digital mapping programs.
- The completeness of the maps or mining-related reports, as they may not reflect prior- or more- recent mining.
- The accuracy of any georeferenced mine maps.